Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Week 07


Meeting AS in Panjim (14th April)

Close to where I stay is the confusion of the market. AS calls me up to the "Susegad" just around the corner. I can't help myself but to feel slightly emotional meeting him after so long. AS is a lighthouse shining on the two sides of every Goan story..."Don't forget, it's a dual society...and what was peaceful segregation sometime back became contempt and animosity in the 50s and 60s. There is a strong undercurrent of violence beneath..." He didn't say it but could have easily. We eat the fish, drink the beer and catch up the missing time: Howz your father? Howz the university? Do have a scholarship?...from FCT? Do you still have the Fiat?
AS is there to remember people like me that, most of the time, when we are in Goa, we naturally hang out and interact with one side of the story...looking towards the other side, the one we have difficulty in understanding, will broaden our perspective on Goa.

"This time I came to India specifically to get myself dispersed...not to focus on any particular project or research or undertaking..."
"If you can do it, that's excellent!"

AS is a very young spirit...he only turns the lights on, he'll never tell you where to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de Vídeo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.