Thursday, July 19, 2007

Glittering horizon

When I am calm I think of a house with a view to the sea.

Everything is silent, I can't hear the waves breaking on the beach.

But the glittering silver horizon conveys the fearful depthness of the sea and all that looms beneath.

It is mid-afternoon, the sun shines with all its strenghth...

The pine trees filter the light and shade the explosive spots of my restless anxiety.

I can thus play with the fishes without drowning...

...and I can travell anywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have memories of a house by the sea and pine trees and the praia and windy afternoons in August... good old memories, from the good old town of E...
the silence at night, when one is about to sleep and all is quiet, except for the sound of the waves crashing nearby and the embracing call of the ronca...